What did you conquer today?

Discussion in 'Pole Dance Discussion' started by Päivi S., May 10, 2012.

1. Päivi S. Pole Dance PRO

Message Count:
    I had to start this new thread, as I finally nailed the brass monkey mount today! I've been practising it for more than six months... I'm not exactly what they call a quick learner! Well, I didn't really "nail it", it was everything but pretty, but it's a start!
  2. Julie Foxx Pole Cleaner

Message Count:
    That's awesome stuff, well done.

I nailed the true grip phoenix last week and am very chuffed. Needs a lot more practice before i truly have it - managed it 4 times so far :D xxx
  3. Rockstar Pole Dance PRO

Message Count:
    I just figured out how to get from a cradle hold to letting go of the pole and holding my legs apart to stay there. Not sure whats that called. It was awesome!!! I have the bruise across my tummy to prove it! lol
  4. fernando trinidad Basic Inverter

Message Count:
    we are preparing for the annual students recital here in polecats manila and the men's class have been taught 'pole doubles'. i weight 80kgs and our teacher made me a flyer instead of a base. so i did nail an inverted straddle (boomerang) hanging from my base's hand. also climbed on top of my base's shoulder to do a combo of fan kick-boomerang on a baseball grip-aerial outer leg hook then recover. a few days before that we were also made to practice a rather complicated spin we call angel (half bracket grip with legs passé)- to chair- to back leg hook (aka backward show girl) to chopper ending with outer leg hook then recover
    • Like Like x 1
  5. fernando trinidad Basic Inverter

Message Count:
    our teacher has added a new trick to our still unfinished choreography. chinese climb to a pole then lotus sit and slowly let go of hands while going down backwards until you are hanging then slowly recover. This is how we do the lotus - right back of the knee is hooked unto the pole. left back of the knee is hooked to right foot and left foot together with lower 3rd of shin is hooked to the pole below the right back of the knee
  6. Amanda1089 Basic Spinner

Message Count:
    I was playing around yesterday and i got the claw down! I feel like there is another name for it but its the one you get into from a bridge. total polegasm =]
  7. Poleaddict Basic Spinner

Message Count:
    I did my second shouldermount:) so happy for that! And I was very near to clear a handspring;) next time i will!
  8. Cris Basic Spinner

Message Count:
    I hung upside down without hands... I have no idea what that might be called but I did it in three positions, legs splayed, legs together, and curled into a little ball. I was hanging on with just my armpit for the legs splayed one so that is a great accomplishment for me :) And I accomplished that yesterday... today I am still stuck at work lol
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Miss Folly Hanging Around

Message Count:
    On Friday, after 4 sad months, I got the twisted grip shoulder mount. This was my biggest nemesis trick so it was a grand moment for me.

I also managed to achieve the DVD cover (picture)! :) It's still not very pretty.. But it felt good getting into it and holding long enough for a picture.

[IMG]
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Gemstar Pole Cleaner

Message Count:
    DSCF4728.JPG DSCF4729.JPG Yesterday I FINALLY got a cross ankle release. I know it's not that hard but any move that might involve landing on my head if I get it wrong or any pain I always have issues with. It's been months *sigh*. Also got my first shoulder mount (from a leg swing/other leg bent and jump into it) but that definitely still counts!!! Am trying to learn everything on both sides as I invert on my wrong side and managed that as shoulder mount too :) Also managed a bow and arrow and iguana (with a bit of help), not bad for a first try. First time I went to a mixed advanced class so being the worst one in the class was good motivation to be brave and have a go at moves I'm previously been too scared to try. I think changing instructors also helps as different people explain things or give you different hints.
    Soooo looking forward to practice tomorrow morning!!!!!
    • Like Like x 1
  11. fernando trinidad Basic Inverter

Message Count:
    i was able to do the rocket man but just from the floor
  12. fernando trinidad Basic Inverter

Message Count:
    baseball grip invert to outer leg hook, switching hands to do a butterfly then switching legs and releasing top hand to do a flat line scorpio. was also able to grab the pole from the floor via an iguana mount. both tricks are quite difficult for me. i find spinning easier
  13. LittleEngine Basic Spinner

Message Count:
    Call me crazy but on my 4th class yesterday I stayed for the Level 2 class.
    Beginners was a crowded mess, so the teacher offered some of us to join her Level 2 after for free. I was the only one who stayed.:cool:

I freakishly mastered the "Reverse Grab" within a minute of learning it. Go me!
    I also did my first basic invert, something that looked like a "blade or scorpio", a "Bridged Handstand" and headstand mount. All with help.
    Its so weird being upside down! I never did a headstand in my life! lol.

The bruises and pains from 3 hours of pole, totally worth it. :D
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. icepole Basic Spinner

Message Count:
    Last week I finally did the Yogini, the Buddah and handspring....good week for me :D
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. fernando trinidad Basic Inverter

Message Count:
    installed my own pole in our small living room so aside from attending class i can now practice my sides. i can now do flagpole on both sides, chinese pole sit with one leg release on both sides and rocket man from the floor on both sides. i guess it's the fact that i am not hurried to do things within an hour plus no pressure of failing in front of others.

a day after this i saw a friend posted her improved jade pose. searched the poledancedictionary site on how to get to the pose tried it and was able to do it. ok it lasted for a few seconds but i saw myself in the mirror in a jade pose, not the best but it can be improved
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. fernando trinidad Basic Inverter

Message Count:
    our teacher broke down the steps to get to a very good jade for me at class last evening. baseball grip go to outer leg hook and rotate free leg to your front and grab it with opposite arm to get into a 'Inverted Alesia Front'. Then with the free hand push the buttocks and clip the armpits well on the pole twisting the torso to the front stretched leg, then slowly release the hooked leg and push it as far backwards as possible. i was able to do it both side but right leg front was better. and i had a better grip this time
  17. Ascending Slowly Hanging Around

Message Count:
    • Like Like x 1
  18. fernando trinidad Basic Inverter

Message Count:
    finally a friend took a blurry snap of my only documented jade

Attached Files:

19. fernando trinidad Basic Inverter

Message Count:
    conquered a few things the last couple of sessions with my teacher. being the runt of the class i have been lagging with learned tricks but i was finally able to do the brass monkey from the floor using flagpole grip (tucked legs going up).

Since i was able to do this, our teacher got so fired-up he showed us a segment of Miss Oona Kivela's routine last pole art. we call it the Oona climb. brass monkey from which approach you would care to. hold pose for a few sec. recover with outer leg locked and pointed inner arm grabs pole between thighs then outer leg goes in front of pole and hook with back of knee. other hand goes above this leg. inner leg which is now lower leg is released and locked and lower hand is also released. back arched (we call this pose the top hand viva) release other hand and drop to a gemini (outer leg hook) switch legs to an inner leg hook (what we call the scorpio) move the body behind and around the pole then switch legs again (what we call a spinning scorpio) whew! painful but worthy. did it so slow but i was able to

next thing i conquered was the ayesha. started with basic invert using baseball grip pole on my right. inner leg hook, left leg pointing diagonally forward. left hand released to grab the pole from below the head with thumb facing down. slowly and with control exited the hooked right leg. hold for a few secs. then gradually move torso behind the pole slowly twisting the upper hand and squaring your shoulders. to an extended Ayesha.
  20. fernando trinidad Basic Inverter

Message Count:
    was finally able to do brass monkey from air